Saturday, July 12, 2003

A week ago I returned from Cornerstone Festival. How shall I describe it? . . . I have stood beneath a weak stream of cold water and been thankful. I have run wild into a lake barely cleaner than the Ganges. I have chugged a bottle of warm water only to dance it out of my system in 5 minutes. I have woken-up cursing the loud Canadian camping next door. I haven't worn underwear in 3 days. My feet hurt, my back aches, I've lost 10 pounds, and I've cried in worship with a ska band. And you know, my only regret in that haven't moshed a little more. I know my father God is here.

I wish I could qualify each seperate Cornerstone, but I can't. It is like an ongoing experience; a place out of time, no matter what music or clothing fashions might be dominating; we just pick it up again each year. It stays with me always. I dream about it in December. It stays with me, because it is in me, just as God is in me, just as God is in Cornerstone. Confused? I guess you have to experience it for yourself. My primary advice is; if you come, come looking for God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home