Sunday, March 13, 2005

So here I am in beautiful Southern California. ... or at least I think it's beautiful, it's hard to tell through the smog. But the view from the plane was gorgeous. I miss real moutains! Arkansas has made me forgot how beautiful the world is AWAY from the midwest.

I'm here in Riverside Cali (40 miles from L.A.) for the Christian College National Speech and Debate Tournament at California Baptist University. JBU hosts it next year and we will NOT put up with these California debaters and their Parli canned-cases! ...Have I lost you yet? Whoever you are.

My allergies have gone nuclear (KABOOM! . . . aaand drain into chest) thanks to the dramatic climate change, and I've been running a freaking judging marathon. Out of 15 rounds so far, I have judged 13!! Now, understand that I have brought this on myself - especially with the I.E.s (performance/speech) events. I happen to really enjoy judging those - I judge debate when I have to. I am also very sympathetic to the problems that tournament hosts have finding enough judges. Plus, it passes the time quickly - at least I'm DOING something.

But, . . . I'm crashing. My head will explode soon if I can't relieve the sinus pressure. I need to go back to the motel and sit in the hot tub. . . . And then I'll cuddle with Heather, that makes everything better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home