Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Heather and I registered at our first store last night. We chose Bed, Bath and Beyond. I'm pullin' for that giant Forman Grill! So, we go to the Bridal registry office, and the girl there is wearing a short-sleeved turtle-neck. It looked really odd and I'm thinking "there's a hicky on that there neck." But that wasn't the really weird part. This "sweater" was a light purple sorta lavender color - the exact same color as all of the trim in her office! Exact! The wallpaper, the pictureframes, the kickknacks, the signage, everything was done with this lavender color. So, she was wearing a sweater to MATCH HER OFFICE!!! Do you ever wonder if some people are TOO fashion conscious?!?! Honestly, I wear the same hoodie and the same jeans for a week at a stretch, and I only own two hoodies! So I come out of this with lots of questions. Did she go out to find a shirt to match her office? Did her Mary Kay-loving boss give it to her when she was transferred to Bridal? Did she just stumble across it and think it would be cute to match her office color? Does she wear clothes of the same lavender color every day, or was this her "office-matching" day with her "office-matching" sweater and tomorrow she'll have on a black pullover while pining for her next "office-matching" day? . . . or was it just a crazy coincidence?

Sigh. This is how hot girls turn me off. When they look too perfect - as if they just stepped out of a designer catalogue filled with pretty people. Because we all want to be like the pretty people! Right?
Ugh. Keep the insanely-priced high-profile prep-ware. I'll be slummin' with the goths, punks and hippies.


Anyway, I guess the comment fuction has been disabled. So, if you want to contact me, use the e-mail button up in the corner. I just cleaned-up my hotmail so I've got plenty of room. Just be sure you mention in the title that it has to do with my blog.

Time to go register at Sears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home