Wednesday, February 18, 2004

How sick and wrong is it that the Yankees bagged A-Rod on Valentine's Day? The baseball Super-Corp makes it's biggest move yet in bloating itself into history-making gluttony on the day on which we celebrate love! But, I'm not freaking out. No, really. I may be a huge Red Sox fan, but I'm also much happier routing for the underdog. (I see myself as the perpetual underdog - moving through miniscule temporary highs just to get through life). I didn't really see it coming, I didn't think Stienbrenner could reach so deep. I didn't realize the man truly has no shame. His payroll is $65,000,000 more than the next richest team and he still thinks that it will be a special day when his team wins it all! My outrage has nothing to do with the Red Sox, it has to do with common sense and a level playing field. I've read letters from Yankees fans who believe Stienbrenner has ripped-out the soul of the Yankees by trading a healthy farm system of gritty, all-heart players for a parade of prima-donnas (Vazquez excluded - he just came from the Expos after all).

Anyway. Bill Simmons is the best sports writer on earth. Here is his latest article.

Bill Simmons

and check out the "Winter of Our Sox Content" article in his archive.

Then again, maybe you couldn't care less about sports. In which case you should just move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home