Saturday, February 14, 2004

Oops. Dave King (the guy who made this blog possible) brought to my attention that I had not posted the date of the wedding or any other info. For some reason I thought I had. Probably because the our getting married has been a foregone conclusion for several months now among most of our friends down here. It is this lack of surprise that led me to make the proposal as embarrassing as possible. I've mentioned that Heather and I are assistant coaches with JBU's speech and debate team. Well at a recent tournament in January, somewhere near Little Rock, I decided to pop the question at the awards ceremony, in front of 19 college debate teams (over 100 people). I acted as though I was presenting an award to someone on the team. She never saw it coming until I called her up and got on one knee. . . . first she said she was going to kill me, then she said yes.

So on May 22nd we tie the knot and knock the boots! We're going to Boston/New England for our honeymoon, because I grew up around there and she is a flatlander. I'll let you know if we manage to get busy in Fenway Park. . . . no I won't.

Until then, I've got a job substitute teaching at the local high school here in Siloam Springs. It was in front of my face the whole time. After all, the odds are pretty good that rural arkansas would be in need of qualified (i.e. anyone with a degree!) substitutes. It's great; flexible hours and I don't have to do any real work!

Happy Valentine's day boys and girls.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home