Thursday, March 17, 2005

I'm still recovering from my trip to smoggy California - I'm trying to use diplomacy to convince my head to stop manufacturing snot. The speech and debate trip was a mixed bag. The structure and paradigms for Parli debate have dramatically shifted away from the standard in the California circuit, and I really hope to see those schools get their asses handed to them at the National Parlimentary Debebate Association Tournament in a few weeks.
As to I.E.'s, I'm truly losing any faith I've ever had in the integrity of the Christian Culture - especially as it pertains to evaluating good literature and performance. I guess I'm more interested in the value of art than in maintaining the "Christian" status quo.

So over-all, our team got spanked, and I'm still rather bitter about it. Although, we did make a good showing in a FEW areas. Two of our kids at least took first place in SOMETHING. I can't help but give myself a lot of the blame, since I am supposed to be an assistant coach. I am supposed to help make our kids the best they can be. ...Although, it's not as though I get paid for any of it. But, it's also not as though I've had a real job to go to in the past three weeks. *sigh* I feel really bad for the seniors - but most of them have kicked-butt all over the regional tournaments this year. I just hope that it makes the younger team members hungry for next season. Because thats what it does to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home