Friday, May 13, 2005

The next two days will be important and memorable. They will be important days. Will life be in me? Will love be in me?

Heather graduates (sort-of) with her Masters in English on Saturday. She has completed the requisite hours but she still has to complete and defend her thesis, due in December. Tomorrow I test myself against myself. I think I care more that I will have, of my Siloam life people, more than only Heather at the slam to support me. Saturday we also have a lunch, a wedding, and a party to go to.

I will be taxed. My bipolarness will want to flux. But I trust in God first and Cymbalta second. Cymbalta has helped a lot. There may be something better out there, but this'll do for now.

I have sick and my throat has suffered. I am trying to care for voice as best I can. My performance tomorrow matters a lot to me. It's about identity remember. The question is whether I can deal with not being one of the slam poets, and just care about the people around me.

Dreams. Motivation. Identity. It's all gone right now. And in this amorphous state, loving people is all I have left.

"Love is everything."
-The Juliana Theory

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home