Monday, October 03, 2005

Heather is giggling in the living room. She is discussing her future as a Mary Kay consultant with our friend Jami, from whom she would be learning.

Mary Kay. My wife.

As if you had to ask, it's about the money.

Well, not entirely. There is also an entrepenuerial spirit inherent in Mary Kay - much more than I had previously understood. Heather has too much independance inside her (although it was forced there by her asshole parents, I can't help but love her for it) to not want to do something where she can make her own hours (and her own amount of hours) and be her own boss. This is not a pyramid-format selling scheme, and Heather has had positive experience with every MK product she has tried (very little of which has been make-up).

I'm all for it, I just think this isn't the best time. Once her thesis is done, she could easily begin supplementing our income by $500 -$1000 per month from low-stress work.


Meanwhile, I'm a leech.


2 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger special k said...

that's great! I hope it goes well.

AND...you're NOT a leech.
it's a partnership, is it not?




and click to my blog. see something shiny that might make you smile! *hugs*

xxxx

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger special k said...

oh dear, I'm considering this, too! lol
I just quit my job because of crap the other day and I saw an ad in the paper today for consultants. meeting with a lady on monday. hopefully I can supplement us some for our bills. wouldnt that be nice!
let me know how it goes for heather ok!

thanks!

xxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home